Whole computer freezes with uTorrent

hyolee

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum :) I have a problem with uTorrent right now. Whenever I am running uTorrent, my computer will RANDOMLY freeze after a while. This also happened to me with Azureus before so I switched to BitComet and the problems were solved. But then my friend introduced me to uTorrent so now I am using it. Does anyone know why my computer is freezing up? I don't even get BSOD's, just everything freezes :s

Thanks.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Norton_keeps_prompting_whether_to_permit_or_block_.C2.B5Torrent.21

Anything listed under incompatible software, regardless of whether you actually experience the exact problem described, is considered incompatible software. It just shows that there is at least one known issue with it and µTorrent ;P

And yeah, it's been said many times that Norton is a horrible "security" solution. Heck, a new exploit was released recently for Norton that allows the attacker to gain complete control of your system. Security software that's insecure? Pffft =P

and to set one on top!

norton was the company that have had knowledge of the Sony rootkit long before the public outcry and voluntarily did not add it to their definitions! (AFAI have heard) Do Not ask me for sources now!

(Rhetoricle) Question:

How trustwothy is a company and its products it they agree with other companys to "overlook" their malware?!

Archived