Cost of seeding?

librarimin

Hi, I'm in Australia where we seem to have very expensive data costs compared to US and Europe - my budget affords me 6gb a month. A few months ago I left a torrent seeding, to give back tot he community etc. When I checked my usage not so very long after I'd used 4 gb - 2/3 of my allowance and very early on in the month. Is there any way I can limit the amount of seeding that I allow? At the moment I am just deleting files but I feel a bit lousy doing so. Any advice very welcome.

You can set the limit for each torrent, but only in percentage.

However, you can use Transfer Cap for an overall limit in µTorrent, you find it under Preferences.

You don't need to delete, only remember to stop them when you feel you've seeded enough.

To be extra sure, you can remove/rename the tracker URL(s) so they can't connect back if you don't want to. :)

Thanks Andreasvb, for your exceptionally quick response. I'm experiencing the thing you get when you understand all the words but the meaning is more than the sum of its parts, lol. Only cos I'm a bit of a newbie - you've given me a start, at least now I know it's possible, and I'm going to go and work it out. A HUGE help. 

Archived