Please Help... Download Speed

PrimaJonas

Hello... Was wondering, what am i to do when it says "Port is not open (you are still able to download)" ? I've had Utorrent for ever and JUST got a new computer, much better than previous PC, and my internet settings are the same as before, but my download speed is never no more than 20-150 KB/s, and im used to download with 4-6 MB/s.. My steam is still downloading with 5 MB/s, so the problem IS utorrent no doubt.. please help me... thank you... Jonas

Hello... Was wondering, what am i to do when it says "Port is not open (you are still able to download)" ? I've had Utorrent for ever and JUST got a new computer, much better than previous PC, and my internet settings are the same as before, but my download speed is never no more than 20-150 KB/s, and im used to download with 4-6 MB/s.. My steam is still downloading with 5 MB/s, so the problem IS utorrent no doubt.. please help me... thank you... Jonas

Besides the settings and port forward did you do a Speed test? Otherwise your ISP could see a Ut being used and is throttling it. And here is a test put your old computer back into the network and try the same download and see if the speed changes or not if not then most likely case is throttling of your ISP as they probably detected a File-Sharing Ut program being used.

Thank you all for your help... Even though i dont understand 90% of what your saying (not good with computers)...

Not quite sure what i've done, but my download speed is currently back at 1.0/1-9 MB/S .. So in some way it has resolved it self (For now :) )

Thank you all for your time...

@ PrimaJonas, yes alot of lingo being used..meaning if you hooked up your old computer to the internet again and did the same download no changes if the speed was the same then it would be something with the ISP blocking certain internet traffic from having full speed. And if your old computer has the same down currently unlike before could mean they detect file sharing and is blocking the connections from having full bandwidth usage.

@ PrimaJonas, yes alot of lingo being used..meaning if you hooked up your old computer to the internet again and did the same download no changes if the speed was the same then it would be something with the ISP blocking certain internet traffic from having full speed. And if your old computer has the same down currently unlike before could mean they detect file sharing and is blocking the connections from having full bandwidth usage.

i cant make that test, old pc crashed... Its dead :/

Archived