Question about torrenting.

MushiMushi

I'm "new" to torrenting, if you could say that. Recently, I've been torrenting a hefty amount and I just wanted to know about IPs and how mine can be tracked. From what I know, my IP is visible to those who seed, and I've been using my home IP :P. It's the same if you seed yourself, others will see your IP.

All my torrents are basically off. I don't know if my IP is still visible to the seeders or anything. My real question is, should I be worried about my home IP at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how it goes if you seed both ways for the ut file others will see and downloading the file from your IP as well. But if you reseed the Ut file again your IP will been seen by other file sharing program as well. But if the RIAA/MPAA has captured your IP address in their scans they will see what files you downloaded and uploaded as well and if they send the DCMA to your ISP you risk possible lost of ISP services or being told if they see this again your ISP services will be disconnected. So best not to download Copyright Protected media. Trust me if you using your IP to torrent your ISP will know what your uploading/downloading for sure.

Archived