External Drives and utorrent

xstrike9999

I have utorrent set to start with windows and I am using multiple external drives to download and seed torrents. The problem is that all the drives are not always connected to the PC and when I start utorrent without any one of the drives connected, even finished tasks turn red and I have to do a force recheck after connecting drives to resume seeding.

My question is: Is there any way to stop utorrent from checking the already finished tasks every time it starts up so that they don't turn red and I can just connect the drive when I am able to and start them without having to recheck the files every time?

Would appreciate any help in this matter because I have a lot of downloaded torrents stored on a lot of different drives and it is a pain to recheck files every time I want to start seeding a previously downloaded torrent.

Did you try to *not* set it to start with windows, and just drag it's link to start-menu->Startup folder?

Regardless, if a disk is not connected (happens to me too sometimes with my external drive) - there is nothing you can now do. What I do, is starting uTorrent with a batch file that always backs up (copies) my settings file. Restoring resume.dat solves the problem

Would be nice to have an option to not check files on startup!.

Archived