Torrents Stop Downloading/Uploading

neoquon

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro

Current Version of uTorrent: Version 3.4.2 Build 32354

ISP: 3 Broadband, Hong Kong

Anti-Virus: That built-in Windows 8.1

I used to run Windows 7 (with Microsoft Security Essentials) and also experienced this problem. But lately this has been happening more frequently. I even changed from V 2.2 to V 3.4.2 but the same thing happens.

Here's my problem. I usually have around 30 active torrents in uTorrent and I leave the computer on 24-7. At any one time I can see 5 or 6 Uploads and 5 or 6 Downloads. But after a while (more than 6 hours) I can only see 1 Upload and 1 Download. I have to close down uTorrent and restart it. Then I get back the 5 or 6 Uploads and 5 or 6 Downloads. I've been trying to determine the problem so that I can Upload/Download at full speed all the time. But after months thinking of the problem I'm still perplexed. Please advise.

Thank you everyone.

@Kitsoran

Thank you for your reply.

The one upload and one download do not maximize my connection (which is 100Mb/100Mb). But they seem to maximize the connection for that particular torrent which may be just about a 100kB/s.

My queue settings are as follows:

Maximum number of active torrents (upload or download): 100

Maximum number of active downloads: 60

Minimum ratio (%): 150

When I woke up this morning and checked uTorrent, there were no uploads or downloads. I had to close uTorrent and restart again. This was an hour ago. Now  I can see 7 uploads and 6 downloads.

"But they seem to maximize the connection for that particular torrent which may be just about a 100kB/s." What does this mean?

It means that the speed shown is about the same as before all the other torrents became inactive.

Thanks again.

Didn't check for errors on the Logger tab or trackers tab. Will do that tomorrow when all the other torrents have become inactive like this morning.

PS Where is the Logger tab or trackers tab?

Archived