Anyway to workaround Sprint's latest way of screwing with my Torrents?

okeeg8tor

I have been using/sharing Torrents for YEARS and recently was unable to download and all of my seeding files turned red.

After a long day of trying, I could get through and actually get a torrent I was needing the other day and my seeds turned green for a couple hours. 

All I have been getting is DHT waiting to log in, thought it was my settings...Nope, connected with my neighbors service, all my seeds turned green and I was able to get the torrent I was needing.

Tried mine again this am and the same  problem.  So did a few Google searches and found this:

"Peer-to-peer sharing directly violates Sprint's terms and conditions (www.sprint.com/termsandconditions). This includes the use of file-sharing sites such as Bittorrent, Ares, Gnutella, eDonkey and PP Live. Sprint has begun blocking these sites proactively. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

What the crap!  They are telling us what we can and can't do on the internet?  Are you serious?  I would change services, except for the one slight problem, lol..we live in a very rural area and can't get broadband/dsl.  It is dishnet or sprint mifi service.  Well, we are grandfathered into unlimited which we need for 64.00 a month..  I work from home and am on the internet all day and my husband is a YouTube freak and is on that often on his days off, so I am very sure with that and the torrents we would go over the regular usage.

Is there any way to get around this.  I really dislike the fact that they are trying to tell me what I can and cannot do with the internet service I pay for!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jenna

Archived