Seeding 100 files at once!

RXP

Just read on a private tracker board that Azerus has a queue system (does uTorrent?) and pepole seed upwards of 100 files on there. Got me thinking are torrents slowly turning into an ed2k network? IIRC the creator of bittorrent originally said it would be wise not to use torrents like ed2k, is there any reason why?

on some private sites where it is hard to keep a ratio i just force-seed all my torrents.

having 20-30 active torrents doesnt use much bandwith (not much more than scraping the torrent anyway) and i find that there won't be much more than 2-5 leechers because the torrents are pretty well seeded.

what i love about bittorrent though is the limitation of the stuff you are sharing.

if i want somebody to enjoy the fantastic CD i just bought i rip it and upload it on my fav tracker without sending some crap music i got ages ago and limiting the bandwidth available for the new stuff :)

another way would be to contribute to the site and upload something yourself ;)

and its more like communism.. everybody gets everything but has to give something.. well.. its not really fascism anyway.

if you are a leecher though, you get kicked off the pretty island of joy (private tracker).

on topic: seeding loads of torrents is fine as long as there arent many peers connected.

ideally every peer which downloads from you should get at least 5kbyte/sec upload from you.

another way would be to contribute to the site and upload something yourself ;)

and its more like communism.. everybody gets everything but has to give something.. well.. its not really fascism anyway.

True. But sometimes the site has everything you have, you don't have any new stuff, or your stuff is below the site's standards.

Of course, it's always possible to survive, if you are smart, but sometimes the amount of effort required from users gets a bit ridiculous. I am all for ratios and private trackers, but up to some reasonable point.

True. But if almost noone downloads from you your ratio will always fall, unless you don't download anything :P And again, i am speaking about really restrictive places. And some of them don't even allow you to upload, hehe.

Archived