Best Practice Disk Cache Settings for 2014 + SSD drives

highlatency

Hi All

Since I couldn't find anything to obvious/relevant to my question in the forums (disregarding very old forum posts)

Could someone advise on the best practise settings for utorrent disk cache with the latest stable release (3.4.2 - 32691) of utorrent and a high-end Sata3 SSD.

Please see attached settings. (which should i leave on/turn off)

Ideally I'd like to limit non-necessary writes to my SSD and not waste Memory/disk Cache on reads (where my SSD performance is more than adequate up to the task)

Many thanks!

post-55117-0-00715600-1407100233_thumb.p

First of all, wasting a ssd drive for torrenting is not usually a good idea. Modern disks will not be mudered by it in a week, not even in a year really, though imho, it's a gross waste of potential.

Anyways, ssds don't really need any caching. I don't think any of these settings will affect your performance in any way. If you strongly feel a need of changing something, you could disable everything under advanced cache settings.

highshareratio: Unless you're experiencing performance issues the settings don't need any changes. What size and memory type does your SSD use? Lots of people like to run around claiming SSD's will die because of their limited number of write cycles but when you calculate the worst case scenario for most configurations you'll find it's nothing worth being concerned about.

Archived