Latest version of Utorrent and Malware!

Nevakonaza

Guys at Utorrent.

Whats going on with the latest version of Utorrent?

It contains Malware "PUP.Optional.opencandy"

My spotify account details got hijacked and my account stolen shortly after installing Utorrent.

As a long standing user of Utorrent,Im very dissapointed and will not use this anymore.

Hang on,So let me get this right...they offer "Malware" as an optional extra lol.

Seriously,i love Utorrent its been great,But this move is pathetic.

Ive now moved on to another alternative..good job Utorrent developers.

This isn't something new, it's been there for a while.Like needforsuv said, make sure you read each install screen and uncheck or decline before you click next.

But why would they include malware?..regardless to if i have agree to install it or not..you don't expect it to have malware!

It doesn't make any sense.

Like Andreasvb said, it's not malware! You just have to pay attention on what the installation is telling you. It's like getting in your car or bike, and you decided to go to get something to eat, you HAVE to FOLLOW the the road signs and lights, if not you will most likely get into trouble.

Same thing here! How do you think uTorrent is supported by? The organization(s) the help support uTorrent development, just ask if they can slip in their ad, making their company your home page, and so on. Please, do not let computers do everything for you, you should be paying attention more closely on what it going on in your computer. If you don't you will, eventually, have issues. I like computers because it makes me think, and it helps me to do rationalization thinking. You figure it out, and things work. It's self rewarding for me, I don't know about others.

I'm pretty sure they can keep it free AND without one drop of adware being that Bittorrent.Inc makes millions anually outside the software itself!..This adding to the software crap is borderline Greed

I totally agree, I'm just trying to reason with Nevakonaza. By the sound of Nevakonaza, he/she seems to be new to the PC world, and has very little experience with installing software of the Internet.

• 4 months later...

Don't install it in the first place. Sadly, you need to read what you agree to, when installing.

i DECLINED everything. I know what I'm doing. Download the latest installer from the utorrent.com site and if you have a good AV, it will block the download due to opencandy. I did not install opencandy. NEVER!

Furthermore, my AV just kills the whole utorrent.exe because it can't disinfect it. So I can't run utorrent anymore.

Archived