Weird glitch in download speed, help!

hillelslovak

Ok, here's the deal. I have a sucky ISP, clear, formerly known as clearwire, who is now owned by sprint I believe. The connection has always been slow, with well seeded torrent downloads maxing at 175-180 kbps. For some reason in utorrent since the last couple updates have released, I get an occassional freeze of utorrent itself when I drag up and try to highlight all my torrents at once. No problem, as when it hangs, it only lasts for 5-10 second and goes back to normal. But when this happens, my usually terrible connection will shoot up to about 2-3 mb per second, then drop right back down to the normal speed after maybe 10 seconds.

So, what could the reason for this be?

Can I get my downloads to go that high on average, since apparently my connection speed can go that high? Ive tried many fixes on other sites regarding utorrent on how to speed up my downloads, but none have worked. Regardless of what I try, I always get the same low speed.

So if someone could help me, it would be fantastic. I know clear throttles bitorrent speeds, as well as limits speeds for many different (awful) reasons, so I'd get to the bottom of this.

Archived