µTorrent redownloads finished torrents after reboot.

dodkrieg

I'm using µTorrent 3.4.2 (build 32239, 32 bit) on Windows 8.1 (I am using FlexRAID to pool and use snapshot protection and I am downloading to the pool with µTorrent set to pre-allocate files) currently but I've had the problem with some of the previous versions of µTorrent. Whenever I reboot µTorrent redownloads finished/seeding and unfinished torrents like they were just all added. I have to stop and force a re-check for every torrent on my list. If I don't it'll redownload them all all over again even though they're completed. I've uninstalled µTorrent and deleted the C:\users\<pc name>\appdata\roaming\utorrent directory then reinstalled and it still does this. I'm kinda lost on this short of reinstalling Windows which I don't want to do unless I absolutely have to. It didn't used to do this with the exact same setup.

Thanks for any help!

Any softwares messing up with uT's work by any chance: real-time monitors, progs that disallow changes to system drive, etc.?

Is uT shutting down gracefully? Are the files settings.dat and resume.dat saved properly when the program shuts down? No permission conflicts with the directory?

Archived