Utorrent and D-link problem

guandra

Last week I change to a cable modem and I have it connected to my computer through a D-Link router, to be exact a DI-604. Inicially it wasn't downloading and I did every possible to open a port in the firewall, with which I didn't get a green light, but it started to download fast. The problem is that it's not finishing what I'm downloading. Let's say I'm downloading an file of 600MB, it gets to 569MB and then it goes backwards, 568...567...550, and then up again to 569MB, but it never finishes what I'm downloading. It's actually exagerating, because according to Utorrent, for a file of 170MB, Ive downloaded 1.11GB and I'm only in 79.6% (its actually been in that percentage for several days). And this is happening with all the files I download, not with only one or two. I believe it's a problem with the router or the cable modem, since its the only things I've changed in the last week. What can I do to solve this problem?

I checked the DMZ, but its disabled. And since this problem has happened with more than 6 different files, from different torrent search engines, I believe that the possibility that all of them being "poisoned" is really small.

I guess the solution might be bypassing the router entirely, but I'm not sure how to do that. Or maybe opening the ports in the firewall, the problem is that I'm not sure how to do it, since all the explanations I've found on the web are for static IP address and the cable modem has a dynamic IP address that, I believe, changes every 10 hours.

Archived