Mistakenly deleted INCOMPLETE download list :( :( :(

awaixjvd

hi everyone

i have got a problem and i am stuck, i need your kind help.

I have uTorrent client 3.4.2 and i had almost 50 links of movie torrents in it. They were not even 1% downloaded. I download them one by one. I had just grabbed the magnet links from sites and when the dialog box appeared to click the OK button to start download, it starts right away if you click OK button but i clicked on "don not start download automatically" or this kind of option and then clicked OK, so the link goes in que and i can download later.

uTorrent was annoying me this morning with some ads of Bundles (bit torrent sync) and i was getting frustrated and i clicked on bundle and clicked on "remove (remove and delete torrent file" and it deleted all the que of INCOMPLETE torrents, keeping the completed ones.

I don't know from where i had searched them and saved them in list to download later. Is there any way to restore that list? :(:(:( please help me out.

Unless you had copies saved in Trash folder there is no way to recovery them unless you use 3rd party software to do a undelete but if you overwrite those areas where the files where saved then your chances of recovery is baiscally zero. You should've if you did it right make folders for each options of torrent ie... Download, Completed, Torrents, Trash folders that way you can know where each files are suppose to be kept and saved that way you can know what is finished and incomplete download. If you did none of these and removed/deleted the torrents you have no way to find them. So basically if you had no backup of the torrents there nothing we can do to help you. You will need 3rd party undelete software to recovery those torrents but if you wrote over those spaces consider those torrents gone.

That sucks.  I've been caught out by this before, definitely learned a lesson.

Another thing to watch for is not selecting ALL your torrents (completed, seeding, downloading) and click Start or Force Start, that was fun, not.

That's easier to fix then if you delete and removed torrents those are gone some you might find but some you never find.

Archived