port forwarded or not????

macmert

Hi to all...My problem is quite bizzare...I have the green light and dloading but... I forwarded the port (no 5565) and the first time I run utorrent and test my port, the web page that opens says that the port is opened and available for torrent...Then I start dloading, with slow speeds like 4-5 kb and then I test my port, then the page tells me that the port is not forwarded...how is this possible...I use no firewalls and I only avast for anti virus...

Can anyone help me with this problem??? Thanks

Well I activated the Upnp option on my router now torrent can map a connection to the ip...but it is still slow...I also deactivated dht but it is still slow...I can upload like 4 5 times more than I dload...and also torrent gives an error message saying that it cant find my firewall...The thing is I dont use one... Is it possible that the problem is not hardware or software based but just the torrent I dload now is slow based on low seedings or something??? There is like 10 20 seeds and I cant connect to all of them just half of it most of the time...Or is 4.4 kb average is normal for a torrent dload???

Thx again for your help...

A slow torrent is simply a torrent where theres now much Upload for others to download from, often caused by lack of seeders(but it can also be caused by the swarm having slow upload connections)

Remember, people can only download as fast as there is being uploaded by others in torrents

Archived