Wireless N Gigabit Router slowed down cable connected torrent

LTraNe

Few weeks ago everything was okay, neighbors(land owners) were sharing their internet trough cable for free and only using WI-FI. My torrent speed was constant 1.2~1.4 MB/s . But they didn't really get good WI-FI signal in their furthest house rooms so they bought http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WR1043ND and connected it with cable to our old DRG A125G router which is using dsl connection. My PC is still connected to DRG A125G with cable. Ever since my download speed from websites and regular links stayed the same ~1.4 MB/s, but my torrent speed decreased to 50~100 kB/s and strangely my bad upload speed ~80 kB/s didn't change. I tried uTorrent and BitTorrent both were similar... Tried connecting my PC cable to new router ethernet ports and it worked (speed was ~1.4 MB/s) for a while, but it started to slow down again today... Strangely Slackware was downloading ~1.4 MB/s while other torrents from Kickass and PTB were slow. Any ideas what could be done to improve torrent download speed?

Archived