Restarting utorrent lose my display settings

Acharn

I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology, so please bear with me. When I'm done checking the status of a torrent downloading I click on the X at the upper right corner and utorrent goes to background with an icon on the tray. On Win 7 several background utilities are hidden under a single icon and I have to bring up a little window and then bring the one I want to the foreground. No problem, I've been doing it for years. Now I like to bring utorrent up with the torrents window showing. I'm not interested in bundles and am never, never, never going to buy a bundle. For a while, every time I installed a new version of utorrent I had to go to options, click on "show sidebar" and get to the torrent window that way, because the developers made the default display the bundles display. OK, I learned to live with that. Now, since last week, every time I bring utorrent back to the foreground to see how my downloads are doing, the display has reverted back to displaying whatever the current bundle being pushed is. I have to reset the display every d...d time. I like utorrent and it's been giving me great speed, but this display thing is a deal-breaker.

Is there any way I can prevent the display from reverting every time?

I guess I've found the answer. Go to options\preferences\advanced. Scroll down until you come to "offers". Set offers.content_offer_autoexec to "false." You'll have to stop and restart the program. I didn't think it had worked until I rebooted my computer for some other reason. Glad I solved this, I really like utorrent, although while I was using Ubuntu for a while Transmission was good.

Archived