I have used uTorrent for some time, but I am having an issue after an udate was performed

Seventhgift

As I said above, I have used uTorrent for several years. Recently after an update, I can no longer get a torrent into the list to download. Before the update, I followed this sequence:

1) Clicked Download torrent button from the site where the torrent was listed

2) Clicked "Open"  (not Save)

3) An Add new Torrent window would open showing the file(s) to select

4) Once the file(s) were checked, I would click on OK

5) uTorrent would open, the torrent name would appear in the list and it would begin downloading the file

Now what happens is that I never get the Add new torrent window. uTorrent opens and the file is not in the list and no download occurs. I went through every tab and did not see the file anywhere. I tried several things:

1) I Saved the torrent and tried using the + (add new torrent) within uTorrent and selected the torrent to add

No torrent showed up in any of the tabs. I tried to add it again and I received a message informing me that the torrent was already in my list, but I don't see it anywhere

2) I have another system that is working properly. so I went through the Preferences and made sure that they all matched. Still didn't help

3) I uninstalled uTorrent an reinstalled it. Still didn't help

4) I uninstalled uTorrent and tried installing an older version. Still nothing

I would really appreciate some help if anyone has any suggestions. I attached the Add New torrent window that no longer shows up.

Thank you,

Sevnenthgift

post-377020-0-50199600-1412360654_thumb.

As I said above, I have used uTorrent for several years. Recently after an update, I can no longer get a torrent into the list to download. Before the update, I followed this sequence:

1) Clicked Download torrent button from the site where the torrent was listed

2) Clicked "Open"  (not Save)

3) An Add new Torrent window would open showing the file(s) to select

4) Once the file(s) were checked, I would click on OK

5) uTorrent would open, the torrent name would appear in the list and it would begin downloading the file

Now what happens is that I never get the Add new torrent window. uTorrent opens and the file is not in the list and no download occurs. I went through every tab and did not see the file anywhere. I tried several things:

1) I Saved the torrent and tried using the + (add new torrent) within uTorrent and selected the torrent to add

No torrent showed up in any of the tabs. I tried to add it again and I received a message informing me that the torrent was already in my list, but I don't see it anywhere

2) I have another system that is working properly. so I went through the Preferences and made sure that they all matched. Still didn't help

3) I uninstalled uTorrent an reinstalled it. Still didn't help

4) I uninstalled uTorrent and tried installing an older version. Still nothing

I would really appreciate some help if anyone has any suggestions. I attached the Add New torrent window that no longer shows up.

Thank you,

Sevnenthgift

This is a copyright protected material that your downloading and we can't help you here. If your trying to get around their rental policy to get a item that isn't free or public domain this will violate your ISP agreement and ut policy against asking for help on Copyright Protected materials. As to your question in the first half it would from the read sounds like a file association has changed and you need to go back and check your file association to find what it was changed to and from.

I checked the file association and it says it is associated with uTorrent. When I double click it, it opens uTorrent. It just doesn't show up tin the list. Should I post this question on the troubleshooting topic? Again, this is public domain torrents, not copywrighted material.

Seventhgift

I checked the file association and it says it is associated with uTorrent. When I double click it, it opens uTorrent. It just doesn't show up tin the list. Should I post this question on the troubleshooting topic? Again, this is public domain torrents, not copywrighted material.

Seventhgift

Means the source doesn't exist or was removed if your not getting anything from there. And you need to contact the site hosting that file your trying to use ut to get. That last part Public domain torrents is false...I checked there is no Nora Roberts you can just download for free and they are read online only - so unless you can give the site I doubt this is public domain.

I found it on Pirate bay...so you what you said doesn't hold water. You can only read online or registered e-reader.

Archived