Question about the planned DHT

tkout

I agree with smoovious. Stick to the standard. With uTorrent gaining popularity, and knowing the mainline way is also used in BitComet, I believe we can out-drive the AZ userbase in pure numbers. Lets force THEM to support the standart (IE vs world xD)

Well fucking said. Just because Azureus supports something doesn't mean we should, or worse, must support it. Azureus is not God! :evil:

i dont use firefox thanks. too slow, resource hogging, exploited.

Opera, then? :P

I'd prefer sticking with the Mainline, since it's the "official" implementation. It's easy to draw an analogy between Azureus and IE (in which I side against IE), though the cases may not be exactly the same.

8) 8) 8)

nice.

You know, it would be a strategic blow to Azureus if uTorrent adopted the official standard. It isolates Azureus with a proprietary solution giving its user base another reason to switch (if there weren't enough already :).

Not that I have anything against Azureus but uTorrents ultimate goal is to be the most popular client. By siding with Mainline/BC it would draw users that value DHT out of Azureus. And being the strongest client among those two it would capture the majority of the switchers.

Obviously, DHT alone isn't the killer feature but this is a long game where every play is like chess moves. Check for uTorrent!

Well, I don't know about that.

But at the least it could perhaps encourage the Azureus developers to support the official DHT protocol instead of their own version of it.

~Grauw

Archived