RSS feed not updating automatically

GTCrais

Maybe something is wrong here, as well as on others' systems... BTW, I don't see the proper feeds' icons :(

0acbe5358461560.jpg

You disabled the feeds, right click and enable them to fix that.

Back on the topic, i'm having the same rss feed not updating problem, i'm on windows 8.1 64bit, utorrent 34944 stable.

Started fresh with build 34727...Deleted all .dat and .old files in Program Files directory and added my customizations including 6 rss feeds....

Setup to start with windows...log off and log on....

Each Rss feed were populated with an updated list after Windows restart.

Can you try w/o blocking ads in your host file?

I wasn't clear... Just add a couple of torrents into your list, maybe download one . Then try the re-login. I have a feeling this issue has to do with timing, and loading resume.dat + scanning files - can effect the RSS activation . W/o any files, I do get 50% success rate with RSS being enabled after login...

The problem seems to be if a torrent is already in the feeds list then it will sometimes download..

It does however work 100% if the torrent is not yet in the feed list (upcoming show)...

I added 2 new torrents that were already in the feed list and some of the time they didn't start automatically.

1) They would however download properly after closing and opening utorrent (without log off/log on).
2) Then I reset feeds and cleared feed history and logged off and on and the 2 same torrents started to download automatically...

The tests I've been doing previously was to add upcoming torrents that were not on feed list and worked properly 100% of the time.

It seems that if a torrent is already on the feed list then this intermittent update bug happens.

I don't think you understand the issue. Let me explain again: sometimes RSS scanner does not start to work. This means - totaly, and forever.. No feeds are scanned, no list is displayed when you select feeds. Simple enough. It is not a matter of downloading a torrent automatically or not.

The only way to make it start auto-scanning - is manual feed "update"!

If the rss scanner is not showing or updating the feeds then why am I downloading...If the feeds are not updating then I would not be able to download from feed list?

RSS scanner does not start to work. This means - totaly, and forever.. No feeds are scanned, no list is displayed when you select feeds.

If thats the case then my feeds work as it should on my end...Feeds are populated with new torrents.

I'm leaning more towards a corrupt rss.dat and/or resume.dat file.

Well I hope the dev team should put some effort into this as some members do....

A once in a while post from a Dev to post an update that they are actually are working on such issues!

How do we even know that they are aware of such issues?

Testing their client before release to public is not their strong point.

My problem is fixed after i cleaned the torrents in utorrent folder and changed something in advanced settings, not sure what did the trick, the problem doesn't seem to resurface after updating to 35002.

Can you please try to remember?... :)  What do you mean by "cleaned the torrents"? I have 300 of them...

Can you please try to remember?... :)  What do you mean by "cleaned the torrents"? I have 300 of them...

i changed rss update interval http://i.imgur.com/TFx4BP3.jpg and deleted most of the old torrent files (from about 1000 down to ~50) in both utorrent folder and utorrent, i also changed rss.dat as suggested here  http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88431-rss-feed-update-is-not-refreshing-correct/page-3 .

Just chiming in to say that I also have the same exact issue.  Things used to work.  Now I must do a manual update of the feeds to see new content.  Really not cool.  I was actually thinking to buy the pro version and support development but this is making me wonder.

• 4 months later...

Archived