Fluctuating Speed

angrybird2014

Hi Friends,

I am facing unusual problem. My torrent speed is fluctuating in PC to very great extent. However when i use laptop with same torrent file, everything than its working fine.

I tried re installing the torrent app in PC but still the problem is not solved. Both PC & laptop are in the same LAN connection, using same router to connect internet.

PC - Win7

Laptop - Win8.1

I tried using same torrent file & same torrent application Utorrent. 

Don't know what to do. Please help!!!!

Ok when you mean "everything is fine" for the laptop what speeds are you getting as compared to the desktop? Did you set each one side by side to compare the settings to make sure they are the same? I would check with that to make sure that it was a ut problem and if those check out then the problem would lie with your O/S firewall settings. And the next would be to look at your router QOS settings to see if there isn't a priority set that allows one more bandwidth and the other with less. Otherwise if all these are same no changes then the problem could be your O/S itself.

Each utorrent client on same network needs to be on different ports and each should have static ip's if that helps

I have the same setup for laptop and desktop and have no conflicts...this is with a older ut version that is. I didn't have to set ports or ip address my router did that auto for me.

Archived