Rate Limits Ignored

mhhousley

I am using uTorrent 3.4.2 (build 32691) [32-bit] with Windows 7 64bit. My download and upload limits are being ignored. I have set them globally and I have set them individually per torrent but nothing seems to work. It will download and upload as fast as my connection can go, and considering I have limited data usage before being charged extra, this is a big deal for me. Can someone help me? I have attached a picture of my settings on the Bandwidth settings. Thank you so much!

p.s. Also, a smaller problem but annoying is that files that I click to skip, such as sample AVI files or .nfo files and such are downloaded anyway.

post-52662-0-00614500-1413200645_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am also using  3.4.2 Build 34944 and have noticed that the Global bandwidth rate limit is ignored. I have the Limit local peer bandwidth box selected as well as the Apply rate limit to Utp conections, that came up in another post. The download rate continually goes above the line indicating the Download rate limit. I have always had this set and have noticed this started to happen a few upgrades previous. In previous version the download would reach the Download rate limit line and not go above the line.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Archived