Move rather then Copy/Delete completed torrent

rlevis

I have the option enabled to move completed torrents to a different folder on the same hard drive, but uTorrent appears to be copying the file and then deleting the original, and my hard drive is too busy to do anything for 5 to 10 minutes with big files.

Can you please change to using the Win32 function MoveFile.  This will take a split second to move the downloaded file(s).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

A copy/delete is safer to do ESPECIALLY on a busy hard drive. If it fails half way through, then the original file is still there. With a Move command then it's not always there, depending on the type of programming within the Move command. I know that's not what you want to hear, but maybe think about getting a secondary HDD for you downloads, it will make a huge difference in the performance of your machine.

• 5 weeks later...

I think the move option would only be safe if both the source and destination folders are on the same physical hard drive because the program can create the destination links and verify that they were created before deleting the source links. I am pretty sure this is what utoirrent doies when I manually change the folder location on a torrent from one folder to another folder on the same hard drive. It seems to do it too quickly for it to be copying files. It appears that all rlewis is asking for is an automation of this manual process.

Archived