Wanted: Poisoned torrents to test please

Lexxington

I'm trying to test an idea to improve the auto-ban system in uTorrent but the torrents I was using have been taken off their trackers.

If anyone knows of some well poisoned torrents, or even not so well poisoned torrents where you are getting quite a few hash-fails, please PM me the links to my e-mail address.

BTW, preferably not too huge. Single or muliple files are fine.

TIA.

here is a UK fansub tracker for their anime I was having lots of ban's reported mostly on new releases untill I downloaded a peerguardian ip filter 1-2 months ago now I do still see 1-2 ban's but since I use wireless for this machine I can't rule out wireless as the culprit (the connection does drop) or maybe the fact that I live on the west coast (washington usa) and most dl'ers for this tracker should be in the UK

http://lime-anime.com/torrent.html

main site that lists the newest downloads in order

http://lime-anime.com

I beleve this tracker is legal as the rights to these anime series are have not been bought from japan for redistribution in the UK or USA (here is a link to currant USA redistributions that need to be avoided http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime-list.php?licensed=1&sort=title&showT=1&showM=1&showO=1&showN=1&showS=1 if you live in the USA) as far as I know, but the fansubs are over the air recordings that have had a translated subtitle added by this fansubbing group. I only download their fansubbed tv series not anything to do with dvd just to be on the safe side cause I live in the usa.

I'm trying to test an idea to improve the auto-ban system in uTorrent but the torrents I was using have been taken off their trackers.

If anyone knows of some well poisoned torrents, or even not so well poisoned torrents where you are getting quite a few hash-fails, please PM me the links to my e-mail address.

BTW, preferably not too huge. Single or muliple files are fine.

TIA.

Try this weeks episode of Sopranos ( eztv/mininova).I've downloded the epiosode with 209 hash failes and over 20 banned IPs.

Thanks rudolfo2.

I'm not 100% sure of which one to test as there are a lot! Presumably the 3500 seed one? Anyway, sent you an e-mail via PM to request a direct link to it.

Reason I'm replying here, is that again like schnurlos, your PM went straight to the junk filter so perhaps mine will too.

EDIT:

OK, I'm obviously on the right one as I got a few hash-fails here, 10 in total and 1 bannned IP. Also, I deliberately let a PG2 blocked IP in as a test, which accounts for 3 hash-fails alone.

FYI, and as a non-tech aside, if you use Peer Guardian 2 with the p2p lists you will find those hash-fails decrease dramatically.

In this particular swarm are lots and LOTS of 38.100.x.y IPs deliberately corrupting the torrent. That's why I only got 10 hash-fails and so few bans, compared to your 200 or so presumably.

Perhaps that may explain schnurlos's hash-fails too?

Here's an amusing statistic:

One 38.100.x.y involved in 3 hash-fails, and data downloaded from them... 48 kb!!! LMFAO

If that's not deliberate I don't know what is :)

Anyway, I have a good copy to test with now, and lots of data to verify.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help rudolfo2.

Cheers.

Archived