Why red exclamation point?

don911

My Mac Pro froze and I had to force restart. After coming back up, I now have a red exclamation point next to every torrent. It has happened in the past as well, and the cure then was to start each torrent to force a re-check. As I have 2000 torrents over many TBs of data, this process can take a whole day to complete.

Is there another way do do this quicker? I mean, all the HDs are there, the path in "General / Save As:" for every torrent is correct. Why does uTorrent have to re-check each torrent then?

Also, why did this happen in the first place? I have had to force a re-boot after a freeze many times, but most of the time everything comes back up normally.

Its probably an error due to connectivity issue.... It usually happens when the torrent is unable to connect to the tracker or unable to find the downloaded/downloading file on your system (when you move it to some other location or delete from the hard drive).

Hi Beasly, yes, I understand that this is how it usually happens. However, why should I have to force a re-check when all my files, both the torrent file and the data files, are in their proper locations? It's now been 24 hours since I started the re-check, and I'm only half way through my files so far (I probably have 10TB or so) . I cant' understand why I should have to do this and hope that there is an easier way of telling uTorrent that the files are where they should be.

Are you running all or most of the 2000 torrents at one time?

After reboot are you trying to force all 200 to recheck?

Running 2000 torrents at one time is most likely causing the lock up. You must either run fewer (queue settings), lower your connections, etc...

Archived