Redownload Torrents

Jaraxle

Hi Guys,

Ok I have tried to search but cannot seem to find anything about this.

My question is there, is there a setting somewhere, that will allow utorrent to pormpt me or tell me if I have already downloaded that torrent? Meaning, I have found a site with a lot of craft patterns for my wife. They are small files and a lot of them. Rather than sit and go through all of them, I have start pulling them down in listing order but I have found some that have the same torrent name that I have already downloaded from other sites. So is there a way I can set Utorrent to tell me if I have already add it before?

Thanks

Only if you keep the torrent in the same folder and not move them after they finished if it is the same and matches CRC check it will tell you there exist a torrent download. Otherwise if the name and torrent is different the download will be like name...(1).xxxx or it will stop and say torrent file already exists. If this doesn't work then not much we can do here to help. You the downloader are to know what your downloading and how to sort/organize the files. If your not familiar with this process then one needs to do their homework more.

Hey thanks for the tone. One would think since UTorrent allows you to choose the location where to store the .torrent file as well as a location to move the finished .torrent files there might be a setting somewhere for the for program to check against these and tell the user it has been downloaded or just that its present in the finished jobs folder.

Hey thanks for the tone. One would think since UTorrent allows you to choose the location where to store the .torrent file as well as a location to move the finished .torrent files there might be a setting somewhere for the for program to check against these and tell the user it has been downloaded or just that its present in the finished jobs folder.

No if you don't assign a location in the preferences to ut it will place everything in the same folder where ut was installed. You the user need to make and choose the folder where it puts what goes where. If you took the time and looked at your preferences you would've seen this and it would seems you didn't take the time to look after you installed the program. This is why I tell people to do their homework.

Archived