OMG PLEASE HELP! .torrent files won't load or download (using OS X Mavericks 10.9.4)

Eifandil

the thing is i used to have mac osx 10.5.8 and Utorrent worked fine. when i clicked "Get this Torrent" (the magnet link) the file (.torrent file) loaded to downloads. once i clicked the torrent.file it would appear in utorrent and download. no problems.

now with OSX mavericks every time i click Get this Torrent it just redirects to the starting page with the multiple windows showing. the .torrent file doesn't appears in Downloads... nothing happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did I say you had to install it?

I only said to DOWNLOAD it.

ok ok how do i download it?

and i think this is more of a general problem than a problem with U torrent because i encounter the same problem with other files when i try to download them (apart from downloading the U torrent program itself).. 

for example when i tried to download hotspot shield, i clicked the download button but it redirected me to my home page and there was no download. nothing happened.

i'm retarded when it comes to this shit man

Where did I say you had to install it?

I only said to DOWNLOAD it.

ALRIGHT I HAVE AN UPDATE..

I successfully downloaded that slackware .torrent file!! 

what the fuck!! it showed up in Downloads.

how come i can download that slackware .torrent file but i STILL CANNOT GET THE magnet links ("Get this Torrent") to work? 

i tried clicking "Get this Torrent" and the same shit happens. the .torrent file fails to appear in downloads. all i get is i am redirected to the home page.

Archived