Can't download Utorrent installer because of Avira

Hello dear torrent community  :)

The longer summary of my problem:

The other day i got a problem with my computer. I were downloading a torrent and suddenly i got a update from utorrent. "The button" text wasn't in english, but what i'm guessing were russian or something familiar. I had a hangover, so i pretty much just pressed enter and it began to download (Yes probably real stupid). 1 minute after i lost the control of my computer and the mouse had its own life. I panicked and made a force shutdown on my Mac. 

When i turned it on again, my virus program Avira were in alert but couldn't remove the problem - kept failing.

So i decided to just formate the HD so there wasn't going to be a problem any longer.

But heres my problem for you:

When i try to download the installer of either Bittorrent or uTorrent - Avira deletes it instantly becuase it's saying there is a virus in it called "MACOS/SPIGOT.A".

I can see Avira has a "spigot.ape" in there virus database, maybe it's just believing its that one "  So is this just my virus program going bananas or what?

It's just weird because it all started with the updater  :blink:

• 2 months later...

It is not so false, actually. uTorrent indeed offered me to install some crap called 'Spigot'. But anyway, I would prefer Avast to block only installation of Spigot, instead of blocking entire installer.

Keep you eyes open when running the installer and read what you are offered.

Archived