Grnch Posted October 18, 2005 Report Share Posted October 18, 2005 Occasionally, uTorrent's CPU usage will shoot up to 100%, and it will stay there for a long time (1-2 minutes or more). During this time, all downloads and uploads stop, but the GUI is still responsive (I can click on menus etc). I have verified that it is uTorrent that is using the CPU by looking at Task Manager.It seems to happen quite often lately, ever since I put a few large torrents (several gigabytes) in the queue containing a bunch of RAR files, but I'm not sure this is the real cause. The queue is set to download one torrent at a time, but I have started the second torrent with "Force Start", if that means anything to you. However, the bug still happens occasionaly even with one torrent.I've been seeing this bug in all releases since 1.1.5 (maybe even 1.1.4, but not sure) with varying frequency, but it's definitely there, it happens several times per hour.Others have reported a similar bug, but it got blamed on NOD32.Well, I don't use NOD32 (never have), and Kaspersky's real-time protection was completely turned off. It makes no difference.One more thing, not sure if it might be related, I use uTorrent mostly through Remote Desktop (it's installed on a different machine). The machine itself is reasonably fast, it's an 2800+ Athlon with 1 GB of RAM.This is a serious bug, since these frequent interruptions make downloading very slow, hence rendering this program completely unusable for its main purpose, which is downloading torrents.Let me know what I can do to help you debugging this.P.S. This bug happened several times while I was writing this post. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.