Adverts playing music...

Zixt

I was on my computer just chillin at near enough 4AM when suddenly some ear blasting music starts playing through my headphones. I take a look and it's coming from uTorrent. What the hell, I'm thinking.

Turns out it is an advert for music charts top 10. Can I please suggest the developers don't have ads with sound on, particularly ones that have no easily accessible volume control, and that start completely unexpectedly when uTorrent is running in the background.

I totally agree! It sucks big time!

Loud music woke me up in the middle of the night and had to rush to my livingroom to turn it off, sigh!
I can understand you want adverts inside uTorrent to generate some cash, but advents with music is going to far in my opinion.

please fix this...

One suggestion would be for a dev. to add a string-command like:

"offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_audio" = true/false

..to offer advanced users a way to disable this internally. Some use uTorrent as a distribution platform for professional software. Others might use it in a studio environment with high status customers or strict sound pollution policies.

cheers,

random citizen

Is there another string or option that you would suggest for me to use.

Check my signature for 2 image links (depending on whether you're using a more recent version or an older version).

More reading here: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/81421-321-how-to-turn-off-ads-except-for-the-silly-upgrade-banner/page-3#entry496240

You might also consider adding some entries to your Hosts file too.

See bottom of this post: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-34x-beta/page-69#entry495761

• 4 months later...

I was on my computer just chillin at near enough 4AM when suddenly some ear blasting music starts playing through my headphones. I take a look and it's coming from uTorrent. What the hell, I'm thinking.

Turns out it is an advert for music charts top 10. Can I please suggest the developers don't have ads with sound on, particularly ones that have no easily accessible volume control, and that start completely unexpectedly when uTorrent is running in the background.

I agree also but would like to know the name of the song if anyone knows..? :)

You mean this song?

• 2 weeks later...

I get this... but it is now to the stage of opening my browser with 'offers'... I'm reading through the 'string commands' and think.. wut? I don't have the expertise to risk it. And short of buying Pro or some rather this sux!!!! I accept ads for the free version.. but forced browser openings... sound at unexpected times... NO WAY!

Archived