WebUI refuses to work at all, problem loading page

cfoote7

I've tried to setup webui on my desktop and laptop. I've installed the latest utorrent, put webui.zip in the appdata/roaming/utorrent/ directory, I've overwritten and not overwriteen the webui.zip that came with the latest utorrent. I've made sure webui is enabled, made a username and password, set a dowload directory. Completely disabled windows firewall and turned off my antivirus and firewall. I've tried connecting to 127.0.0.1:8080/gui/ 127.0.0.1:8080, localhost:8080/gui/, myipaddress:8080/gui (from the same and a different computer. I've tried all of the combinations above with http://myusername:mypassword@myipaddress:8080/gui/. I have a windows 7 and a windows 8 machine and both are doing the same thing and it's driving me insane. does anyone have any ideas what could possibly be going on. I've wracked my brain and read over a hundred setup guides and troubleshooting guides and followed the process's :(

Thanks for your help,

Chris

I hate when this happens been looking at it for quite a while and as soon as I post this I get it working. my computers apparently don't want me using port 8080, I changed it to 8888 and bam it worked immediately. maybe this will help someone else running into the same frustrations.

Archived