Lose internet connection after connecting to WebUI

morthanius

Hello all,

I've got the most perculiar issue with utorrent and the webui (all latest version).

- I have utorrent running on my home server. For quite a while this was working just fine.

- Now from my windows 8 machine:

- I connect to the server url HTTP://home.server:port/gui,

- I have the user ID and password prompt

- Once I enter the credential, I get stuck in the loading page

- But that's not all, then I cannot browse the internet at all whatsover, I have to restart the computer to retrieve my connection

- Skype or dropbox are still functioning correctly, only the internet browsers do not work (same thing happen with FF, Chrome or IE

This issue is happening in my current machine only. When I try to connect from another machine I can acces the webui with no issue.

Even if I connect to the webui from a VM that is inside my "problem" machine, there is no issue.

I am somehow suspecting a virus for this but I have performed scans with Microsoft Safety Scanner to no avail.

I wonder if anyone else faced this issue before and I would appreciate any help in resolving this.

Many thanks

Oh this topic does not seem very inspiring and I don't blame anyone.

Just an update thought. The WebUI works if I connect from IE. What's even more peculiar is that when I connect to the GUI with IE and THEN connect to GUI with FF, it does work. the issue is when I try to connect FIRST from FF and then all my internet browsing is gone. Seems to be an issue with FF I reckon.

If anyone had any thoughts about this please let me know.

Archived