Weird speed problems are driving me crazy

iHaznoNam3

I've been trying to download a 30 Gigs file and i've been having alot of problems...
It is my only active torrent, and it is just batshit crazy: the moment before is going 1.2Mbps, then 10Kbps, then 500Kbps, then nothing for alot, then i fiddle with the upload limit and goes back up, and then without anything changing going back down to 10Kbps and so on and so forth... It's so unconsistent!
I've fowarded ports, added firewall rules, disapled peerblockers,checked for isp crippling (negative), resetted all of utorrent settings several times, updated the trackers, tried to use alot of custom settings but nothing changed... help?

I'm no expert, but you might be able to get a clue as to what's going on by looking at whom you're connected to. Select the torrent you're on then click on the "peers" tab at the bottom of the window. I suspect you would have seen during the time you were talking about in your OP that there was one seeder providing almost all of the 1.2megs of download (maybe even a fast leecher), and then he went offline, didn't have more pieces to send (if he was another leecher) or for some other reason stopped feeding you. Then you're back to the slow folks for your supply.

If that's the case, I doubt there's much you can do about it. Tinkering with the setting may make you feel like you're doing something, but it probably won't help. :-)

Archived