error: "It appears that the torrent file is corrupted. try to download it again"

Haplo89

Hey,

I have been having this problem for the past 2 days where when I try to add any new torrents to utorrent I get this error: "It appears that the torrent file is corrupted. try to download it again". (also in attachment)

I'm currently on utorrent version 1.8.6 (which is up to date I think?) on my mac OS X 10.9.5.

Has anyone had the same problem? What can I do to fix it?

I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall utorrent since I have a lot of files uploading and I don't want to do all that work again :)

post-378312-0-40856900-1416140831_thumb.

Since yesterday (Sunday 16th November 2014), I have the very same problem.

Thinking that it was a configuration (setup) issue, I "torrented' OpenOffice, which worked just fine; but that was directly off their website.

The problem seems to be specific to torrent websites, like piratebay.

Never used the site, kickass torrent, before; but did so just to see if the same problem occurs.

Yes, it did.

It appears to be a pervasive problem common to many uTorrent for Mac users.

uTorrent techincal support, please help.

I was having the same problem until I decide to check out the Network preferences, when I realized that the Incoming TCP Port (even with a port number specified) was inactive.

I've set it to zero (pressed enter) and then I've set it to a random number (pressing randomize now, and then enter - inside the white box).

The connection status turned from red to gray, and I became able to download torrents again (the connection status went to green after starting the download). All the messages "Unable to add torrent ... It appears that the torrent file is corrupted ..." just turned off.

Hope that it helps for you guys too.

Admins Please Please fix this issue,

as the only solution to get this working as posted by jclayt (thank you) works but is very very far from ideal.

utorrent is almost useless with this bug, how is this not only not acknowledged but not already fixed by admins?? 

jclayt has the solution. Thanks. I just spent an hour trying to figure out why I can't download a Torrent. I just upgraded to the latest uTorrent version and didn't have any problems before this. Obviously a bug in this version.

"turn off the "Display window with torrent details" option in the General Preferences."

Archived