Torrent transfer not using Bittorrent protocol

anu123

HI...

I created a virtual environment for torrent download which included 4 virtual machines. Of the four, three machines acts as  peers and the other acts as a tracker. Using uTorrent I created a torrent file in from one of the peers and announced it to the tracker. From another peer I tried downloading the file using the torrent file created and it worked. However when I captured the network packets during the download using wireshark, I was surprised to see that the Bittorrent protocol was not at all used for the piece transfer. Neither it had any request or have messages. UDP is used for the transfer.

Why is it so? How can I instruct the client to use Bittorrent protocol for transfer?

HI...

I created a virtual environment for torrent download which included 4 virtual machines. Of the four, three machines acts as  peers and the other acts as a tracker. Using uTorrent I created a torrent file in from one of the peers and announced it to the tracker. From another peer I tried downloading the file using the torrent file created and it worked. However when I captured the network packets during the download using wireshark, I was surprised to see that the Bittorrent protocol was not at all used for the piece transfer. Neither it had any request or have messages. UDP is used for the transfer.

Why is it so? How can I instruct the client to use Bittorrent protocol for transfer?

Ok, so this begs the question what are you trying to accomplish here? You making this alot harder then it is to just use utorrent. Also you give no version so no one know what version to start any kinda help here. If your trying to circumvent your ISP tracking or similiar that won't stop them.

Archived