Lost "add new torrent" window

hokiturmix

hello

As the title says i can not add new torrent because the popup window not appearing on any monitor anymore. I would like to know which settings file i have to erase or sy to fix that. I don't wanna loose any other settings. I don't wanna add and infohashcheck every active torrent i have all over again.

Thanks in advance!

This is not answering your question how to solve it without rechecking all torrents, but here's my story.

I just had the exact same problem, except it worked for me on friday afternoon, friday evening a monitor broke so I set windows back to 1 monitor until I get it fixed. Over the weekend I didn't download any torrents, and just now I noticed the add torrent dialog doesn't work anymore.

What I tried to solve this:

- Closing and restarting the uTorrent client. (checked if it was actually gone from the processes list. It was not running anymore)
- Rebooting my computer.
- I checked for a new version in the Help menu of the client. It said it was the latest version, but that was a lie. I downloaded the installer from the website, and that WAS actually newer, now I'm running 3.4.2 36802.
- I checked if the windows firewall exclusions were still set up right (they were).

None of these solved my problem.

In the end I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it again with the file I had just downloaded. Now it works again.
Upon uninstalling it asks whether you want to remove settings as well (wording might be different). I chose to do it and just start fresh. I'm not sure you actually HAVE to do that, but if a normal uninstall doesn't help you, this might be the key to solving it. It might just be a corrupt config file?

What reinstalling didn't fix for me however is below:

------------

I'm also having a different issue which might be offtopic, but it has been bugging me for a while now. I thought I'd ask while I'm here anyways.

When I already have the uTorrent window open and I add a new torrent by clicking a magnet link or opening a torrent file I downloaded, the window snaps out of the maximized position. The 3 buttons (min/max/close) on the top right go almost off my screen.

I'd like the main window to just stay the way it is (maximized) when I open new torrents. I'm not sure if this is a uTorrent or a windows issue. Does anyone happen to know anything about this?

The issue is that it's on the disabled monitor.

This has been brought up many times.

It's easy to fix, no need to remove any settings, just do this: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-use-keyboard-move-or-resize-window-too-big-screen.htm [ How to Use the Keyboard to Move or Resize a Window that is Too Big for the Screen ]

Just to add to the tips above: after opening a new torrent, DON'T click anywhere... then first thing you do is the space+alt and then M, then move your mouse a little to make the add dialog snap to your cursor. If you click anywhere else you deselect the add dialog and it will move a different window. Clicking the µTorrent program on your taskbar selects the main window only, so that won't get you back to the right selection.

Archived