uTorrent Crashing PC with large files.

Gazra

As I am certain there are plenty of other people who have experienced this problem.

Now files up to 10GB are completely fine at downloading and seeding that is not a problem.

The problem comes when larger than 10GB files are added. It will attempt to start downloading and do so for a few seconds before my usage shoots up through the roof and it locks my whole system. When it does do this I have to forcibly restart my computer and when uTorrent reopens all my torrents have been removed and have to be added again.

I have tried to follow other people's posts about the following to no success.

diskio.sparse_files -> set to true

diskio.no_zero -> set to true

Disable preallocate

Now that being said if I use a different handler it works completely fine so my question is why does uTorrent do this but no other application that I have tried?

Obviously I have tried older versions of uTorrent and all the "fixes" people have recommended and the problem continues so I am at a loss I really don't want to have to use a different application at all because I have used UT now for a large number of years and find it the easiest and simplest to use (plus I love the remote feature for iOS)

Please leave any suggestions below and hopefully I will get something that works :/

My specs are:

OS Windows 7

Intel Core i7 5960X 3.0Ghz 6 Core 12 Thread Processor

ASUS Republic of Gamers Rampage V Extreme motherboard

32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz RAM

4 x Nvidia GTX 980 4GB Graphics Cards in Quad-SLI

2 x Samsung 840 Evo 1TB Solid state Drives

Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA III 7200rpm Hard Drive

So this should not really be happening when you look at the above :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived