cannot seed

linuts

I can download with no problems whatsoever...but when i leave the torrent open for seeding...it shows 0 upload speed and no peers ???... this is making my share ratio go down the tubes..

I have a 1500/256 adsl connection and my uploads are set to 20kB/s and my download is set to 160 kB/s... any help to get me seeding again will be appreciated.

cheers

Your ISP hates you as a customer because they want to maximize profits.

They are monitoring your connection using a packet-sniffer of sorts, and killing your connections if they see the "I am a seed" flag.

Their excuse: You're not supposed to run "servers" on the connection you are leashing.

By enabling "peer.lazy_bitfield", you won't look like a seed and probably won't get crippled into oblivion.

You probably need to enable protocol encryption too, to make it work.

Firon....looks like you could be right...i just re-seeded another torrent...and its uploading O.K.

Strange though...the torrent that didn't seed is a well sort after one. Anyway seems to be alright now...thanks all for the help. :)

cheers

Linuts

O.K. now this is strange... I have just Downloaded an episode of a popular TV program (Dr Who) i averaged 148kB/s download speed...but when the download finished it would not seed... I watched it finish the it started to upload for about 2 seconds then stopped and i got the usual 0 kB/s upload speed.

I'm showing this: Seeds 0(21) peers 2(18)... Is this a normal thing to happen...it's only recently started, before i could upload with no problem.. I know my ISP has just changed providers from AAPT to Optusnet.. so i called support and they reckon they are not throttling uploads..

cheers

Linuts

O.K. now this is strange... I have just Downloaded an episode of a popular TV program (Dr Who) i averaged 148kB/s download speed...but when the download finished it would not seed... I watched it finish the it started to upload for about 2 seconds then stopped and i got the usual 0 kB/s upload speed.

I'm showing this: Seeds 0(21) peers 2(18)... Is this a normal thing to happen...it's only recently started, before i could upload with no problem.. I know my ISP has just changed providers from AAPT to Optusnet.. so i called support and they reckon they are not throttling uploads..

cheers

Linuts

Only 2 peers could mean that nobody needs your upload,the other's 18 peers upload is enough.Go to mininova and find torrent with 500(1000) peers and try again.If here you can't upload anything than something's realy wrong.

Archived