Utorrent won't recognize partially downloaded files

NuttyMonkey9512

HI. Last night I had to unplug my external HDD that I use for utorrent. When i plugged it back in and opened utorrent the status bar shows that the downloading torrents are at 0.0%. Rechecking doesn't help and when I try to start downloading again it moves the incomplete files to the completed files directory. There are some fairly large files that I've had on the go for a few weeks now and having to wait for them will be super inconvenient. Any help is much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

1) Where do you store your incomplete torrents and where do you store your completed torrents? Option, Preferences, Directories... If the locations are different, you might try moving the incomplete file to another directory (e.g. the completed folders directory). I haven't tested the different use cases, but that might help with Force Recheck detecting the files. I would think µTorrent would check both locations, but I've had issues similar to yours in the past as well.

2) Also, remember that Bittorrent protocol doesn't really understand files... it only understands torrent pieces (which are comprised of files). If the .torrent has thousands of 8MB pieces, it could be comprised of the end of one file and the start of another. I've had Force Rechecks take 100% complete files and say they are 99.9% because there was a text associated with the last part of the former video file and that text file was missing. 

Archived