(Bug) - Speeds displayed at the bottom are not real unless only seeding

SaNdMaN82

Hello.

I came across this bug some weeks ago. It's not critical, but would be nice if fixed.

The thing is that when downloading, status bar at the bottom displays speeds (specially the upload ones) that are not real.

I can see that the torrent is uploading about 30k, but the status bar only 'sees' 5 of those...

Take a look: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/94157-many-issues-with-speeds-limits-ratios/?p=498507

Once utorrent is only seeding, I see more consistant speeds displayed both at the torrent list and the status bar.

Thanks.

Then you weren't looking in the announcements section of the forums.

Yes, I did... Last update for the 1st post where all update were described was about 6 months ago.

I browse through the posts, but must have missed rafi's update.

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/win

"check for update" was intended to make life simpler, DWK, not to do nothing as it is the last couple of months...

Thank you, i'll try to download that...

I see why I didn't see that before, it's in the download section that you access once you scroll down alllll the way down, and not when you download using the hotlinks at the top of the page....

Thanks.

Try with my settings file (sig) or pref->adv->gui.overhead_in_statusbar and show the speed graph

It seems you are on the right track... Once the Overhead is displayed at the status bar, the addition of that number and the upload speed, comes at about 30k which is the upload limit I've set to avoid saturation...

Here's the picture, click for larger version:

Legend:

screenshot_145.png

Graph

screenshot_144.jpg

So maybe could utorrent take the current download's upload speed as overhead???

Currently, the torrent that's being downloaded states it's uploading about at 29k, at the same time the status bar says 23 overhead and about 8 upload...

Thank you.

The only diff from me is "apply rate limit to overhead". Although this is a good limit, try w/o it and see if it changes anything. Maybe the issue is that it counts the overhead into the speed if this is enabled.

Tried that, but the problem is that if do not apply the limit to the overhead traffic, I end up uploading data well past the 30k mark: 30k of 'usable' data, and about 20-30k (depending) of overhead...

That just kills my LAN...

Thank you.

Archived