Connecting to peers/Downloading 0.0%

MrScruffles99

Hi,

I've been using uTorrent for an year and more. Yesterday when I wanted to download a torrent I've noticed that it stayed on "connecting to peers" status for a long time, but I left it like that for a day. Then I realized that something's wrong I can't download any torrent from any website. It's either showing "Connecting to peers" or Downloading 0.0% and it stays like that forever. I've tried many things I saw on YouTube. I've researched on google but nothing helped. All I have left to do is to post here. I hope you guys can help me. 

Thank you.

I've tried many things I saw on YouTube.

Any settings you've used from youtube means that your configuration is unsupported.

Delete your settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\utorrent with utorrent completely closed (exited, not just minimized to tray) and start fresh with your settings. Do NOT use ANY youtube setup guides.

Any settings you've used from youtube means that your configuration is unsupported.Delete your settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\utorrent with utorrent completely closed (exited, not just minimized to tray) and start fresh with your settings. Do NOT use ANY youtube setup guides.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I've tried that trick as well. But nothing seems to make it work, so far.

Thank you.

OK. I fixed it. I researched more and found on this very website that I should test my torrent with slackware program, so I did. It started downloading perfectly with perfect health bars. Then I thought let me try to download different torrent and BAM! what I've seen cannot be unseen. IT STARTED DOWNLOADING. So if you're having problem like this it must be the problem of torrent file.

Thank you very much uTorrent Administration.

Archived