Problem with comcast and torrenting

rdigumarthi

I have comcast as my internet provider. when I start a new down load on Mutorrent, it stops at connecting to peers. I talked with comcast techs and they claim that they are not stopping torrenting. If go to say starbucks, and I can down load all torrents as I want. HAS any one faced similar problem? if so, what is the solution?

Just to add my Comcast experience -

and this is also a similar experience for many of my small biz and residential clients.

I have a pfSense router behind a Comcast modem. Comcast used to put their modem into BRIDGED mode for me to allow just a connection and let my router do the dirty work. Suddenly one day in spring 2014 everything went crazy and their modem was back in default mode again. Ever since, Comcast has been 'unable' to bridge it. Of course, this interferes with torrenting, etc. I started asking around to friends and other IT guys that I knew were bridging...they had the same excuses from Comcast. The irony is that most of the modems are different make/models but Comcast tries to claim it is that specific modem that is the problem and there is nothing they can do about it. Yeah....uh huh....sure...

A simple solution that has worked for clients is buying their own modem and controlling everything. This saves you on the rental but don't look at it in terms of money as much as getting the PRIVACY, performance and control you should have.

Another option is to use a VPN service. Most will only cost you around $40-50 per year. As soon as I activate a VPN service my clients get nice green circles with check marks in them in the lower right corner of uTorrent and the proper up/download speeds to go with it.

This may or may not relate to you or help with your problem. My point is that Comcast has been on the move again lately - getting aggressive, screwing with customers again like they did a while back before getting media heat.

That is interesting. Comcast/Xinfity gives a different story. They do not talk about modem. The current modem is given by comcast. The model is AARIS TG862. I do not any thing about modem. I do not see any choice about bridging the modem.

If I want to purchase a modem. which modem do I look for?

Archived