Torrent not highlighting FIXED

Taynak

OK... so i figured out a way to fix this stupid problem that the jerk off programmer won't fix in how many updates since this started... you just need to modify your window colors... unfortunately... sorry only way... and an added bonus... if he or she is doing this to be an intentional jerk off.... he won't be able to stop this fix...

i have tried everyone elses way... this is all i can do...

Assuming you are using Windows 7, but similar in any other version, right click on the desktop, select "Personalize", then click on the "Window Color" at the bottom of the "Personalize" window, you get a "Window Color and Appearance" dialog.  If you have one of the aero themes active, you get a different screen, but then if you click on "Advanced Appearance Settings" you get the dialog box I'm talking about.  

Click on the drop down menu and select WINDOW... now... i used the really light baby blue for color one... and the color below it i changed to red...

i know this changes the background of your entire window... however.. now look at your utorrent screen... the selected torrent is now white... i know that this is kinda a crappy fix and not the fix that THE JERK OFF PROGRAMERS SHOULD HAVE FIXED LIKE 20 UPDATES AGO...

but at least you will be able to see your torrent selected now....

DUECES!!

Taynak

I apologize for my comment in advance:

Since my system (hardware, M$) did not change since long ago this is definitive a new GUI bug.

Also it is exactly known since which uTorrent build this bug exists.

It never was and can be a windows monitor or theme issue.

• 4 weeks later...

So it has been a know problem for quite some time and nothing has been done about it? :blink:

I just tried the current release after using ver. 2.1 on linux/wine and this highlighting issue is really annoying. This and the label and directory rules makes me think the developers have lost grips.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Taynak:  Nice, copy parts of my post as most of yours, and present it as your own, instead of continuing the thread I started which has more info about what works and does not work.

schnurlos:  You are right, it can't be a windows or monitor "problem", but different monitors make it look worse or better, and different settings in Windows make it look different as well.  The problem is definitely in the program, but there are a few work-arounds that make it slightly less obnoxious.  (Although the REALLY obnoxious part is that the developers come out with an update that prevents people from hiding all the ads very quickly, but take months to fix the crash bug when you have a lot of torrents seeding or downloading, and have still  not fixed this problem)

You can look at my thread in which I try and show what does and does not work so that people don't waste time fiddling with stuff that does not work, and which Taynak "borrowed" from at  http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/94350-just-want-to-be-able-to-highlight-the-selected-line/

Archived