uTorrent window not showing on OSX Yosemite

yobo

On OSX yosemite, after starting the utorrent application the main window is not displayed. Even when selecting 'show all windows' from the app context menu no windows are shown. I do see notifications coming through. Tried deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent folder and restarting but that did not help. Using latest version. 

I am having the same issue. 

All was fine until Apple released an update for Yosemite about a week ago.  I am now running OS X 10.10.2 on my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro and have uTorrent (Mac) version 1.8.7 (37979) and the program does not display (although the icon does appear in the Dock) or respond to user inputs.  Furthermore, when I go to check for updates in uTorrent I get an error stating "An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later."  I have tried removing and reinstalling uTorrent without any change in function (or lack thereof).  I have also tried giving uTorrent control of my computer (System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy (Tab) -> Accessibility (Tab) -> Add (+) -> uTorrent) without any cange. 

Prior to the Yosemite update (I do not remember what the version number was prior to the latest update), uTorrent worked perfectly fine.  If anyone knows of any other way to get this program to work, I'm open to suggestions. 

Had the same problem. Weird thing was I reinstalled on my Admin account and all everything was all right.  When I went back to my non admin account it was back to the same blank sidebar. Argh...

I just reinstalled 1.83 (the last release before the ubiquitous pay ad) and all is fine with the world again.

Here is the link: http://www.oldapps.com/mac/utorrent.php?old_utorrent=11965?download

Been a uTorrent user for a long time. Never had any issues. This same deal has happened to me as well. I got it to finally pop up by selecting the icon to make the app current. Go to the top menu bar and click the window tab then go to uTorrent. However it shows nothing in any of the panes on the left or any of the active downloads.

To make utorrent work I had to go back a version. I'm not sure why this has happened but I hope they fix it soon. I'm just gald to see I'm not the only one having this issue.

its been more than 2 weeks and the problem is still there!

I have Yosemite 10.10.2. uTorrent's window doesnt show up on start, you have to type cmd+1 to see it

Then there's no torrent displayed! Like it deleted all my torrents

other topic: I had to register to write here.

First: what the fuck is that anti-spam game we have to play??? 

Second: the forum's SSL certificate seems invalid (there's a warning in Chrome) and most non-tech-savvy people will never go past the warning point.

Had the same problem. Weird thing was I reinstalled on my Admin account and all everything was all right.  When I went back to my non admin account it was back to the same blank sidebar. Argh...

I just reinstalled 1.83 (the last release before the ubiquitous pay ad) and all is fine with the world again.

Here is the link: http://www.oldapps.com/mac/utorrent.php?old_utorrent=11965?download

Shifting back also worked for me, thanks for posting.  Hopefully, an update for 1.8.7 will have things working properly again. 

Please any update of help on this? having the same problem

Yosemite 10.10.2

Same:

other topic: I had to register to write here.

First: what the fuck is that anti-spam game we have to play??? 

Second: the forum's SSL certificate seems invalid (there's a warning in Chrome) and most non-tech-savvy people will never go past the warning point.

Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist

fixed the problem for me... 

It is a file not deleted when you uninstall and apparently had some settings which were inadvertantly putting a window off screen or something.  I can't promise yours doesn't have any settings that are precious to you, but a clean install after that was fine for me...

Hello everyone.

I have this problem with the GUI using OS X Mavericks or Yosemite. I have tried to delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist and the dir ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent, but dont fixed the problem.

After a little tracking work, maybe I've found a temporary solution: Deleting the directory ~/Library/Caches/storeagent

If the above method does not work or do not have that directory, try the following trick:

-. Quit Utorrent App

-. Rename the dir ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent to ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent2

-. Run Utorrent App,  wait a few seconds and Quit Utorrent App again.

-. Delete the dir ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent and rename dir ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent2 to ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent

-. Run Utorrent App

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived