another speeds question

Burstin'

I am getting what I think are very slow speeds for what should be fast torrent. 15,000 peers and 700 seeds. Im only connecting to like 50~ peers and and like 1-3 seeds. Ive tried upping max connections somewhat but my speed never goes above 50 kbps usually, and averages about 25 kbps.

Here are my settings:

settings.JPG

Any thing I should change there or in advanced?

Ive got a 5mpbs/1mbps connection. And a dlink wireless router, but Im wired. Latest firmware etc.

if there's really...15000 peers (!!) for 700 seeds, I don't think you can expect great speed.

let's say at your marriage, you have 7 cakes for 150 guests, don't expect small parts :lol: (ok not relevant, but still funny)

I know every peer is suppose to re-upload the parts he downloads to everyone, but with such an enormous number of peers,it's just plain choking party, not download feast)

myBittorrent, mininova, and maybe a couple of other torrent sites had people uploading "fake" torrents. They would falsely report thousands of seeders. People were getting stuck at 99% because there was no complete torrent, just 99% of it. That was about a month ago. I don't know if it's still going on or not.

Archived