Upload speed limit bug

SilAntoine

Hello there,

I noticed a strange bug recently on uTorrent 3.4.2 (build 37594).

Whenever I enable upload speed limit (even if I set it way above my actual upload bandwidth) my download speed chokes down to 0.

Has anyone noticed it as well and is there a fix ?

Thanks for your help.

SilAntoine

I also noticed the same thing.  And then I updated to 3.4.2 build 38397 and it is still doing the same thing.  I have to leave the uploads completely "unlimited" for my downloads to actually use even 10% of my potential download bandwidth.  If I limit it to 600 kB/s (my MAX possible upload) then it only uploads, at most, 30 kB/s and my download is about the same 30 kB/s.  If I un-limit the upload speed, it jumps the download and upload speed to my maximums of 4 MB/s and 600 kB/s, respectively.  This isn't a problem with the seed to peer ratio of the torrent as it happens even if there is 5 times the number of seeds than peers and I've never had this issue with a previous version of uT.  This is a deal breaker and I hope they fix it soon.

Update: I can limit a torrent individually and it works as it should.  But with 1 active torrent, individually limited to 60 kB/s, everything working as it should, maxed out DL bandwidth, as soon as I limit it globally to 1000 kB/s (more than my max upload bandwidth), it IMMEDIATELY starts to lose upload and download speed

Archived