Port Forwarding?

Dexdiman

I am new to the whole torrent thing and I am trying to forward my port. I know this qestion has been asked several time but I have read the forum inside and out and I still can't find an awnser.

I am running a Westell 6100, I know its ip, I know my ip and all that jazz. My coputer is not on a network it's connected directly to the dsl router. When I go into Speed Guide and click on "Test if port is forwarded properly" I get:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

blah, blah, blah you know the deal.

So I click the link and follow the directions to the t, but whenever I click "Test if port is forwarded properly" again I get the same: "Error! Port 23637 does not appear to be open."

I have told my firewall to not block the port and even disabled the firewall completely. I have no idea what to do anymore. I'm tired of dloading at under 10k!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I should have said that in the first message.

I tried that and I still got the same messages. Is there anyway of keeping my firewall and still forwarding my port? I use Norton, one of the best but also blocks the most.

I did exactly what it said to do. I followed the insructions. Like i said I looked all over the forum and portforward.com and i still couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled Norton and I am just running the default Windows firewall. I have forwarded my port, I can see it in the menu ofthe router, but I still can get utorrent to see it or something, meaning I clicked the "Test if port is forwarded properly" and I am still gettin that my port is closed.

Archived