v3.4.2 Torrent Highlight Bug

maxrnb

uTorrent 3.4.2 Torrent Highlight feature has annoying bug.

Highlight bug is most visible on machines running Windows XP.

My machine is running Win XP-Pro SP3 x86.

The selected torrent does not highlight on the Names column

In addition the gray background continually flashes from light gray to the default windows background color on all the other torrents loaded in the main window. 

If one torrent has been selected it looks like other torrents have been selected as well.

This bug makes it easy to accidently delete torrents you think you did not select and does not provide any meaningful information. 

Earlier versions of uTorrent had the highlight feature right.

Here is what I see in v3.4.2

post-339315-0-76149500-1423352862_thumb.

This image shows how the highlight feature is supposed to look - 

post-339315-0-94917600-1423352985_thumb.

The buggy highlight feature has shown up in v3 for a long time.

Let's hope this is addressed soon.

thx

I'm running uTorrent 3.4.2 on Win XP Pro SP3 machine.

@ rafi - Thanks for your screen shot.

Will test uTorrent on Win 7 Ultimate x64 and see what it looks like.

I tested uTorrent 3.4.2 build 38656 (stable) on a Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 w/8GB ram machine and see same results as rafi screen shot.

Torrent highlights in main window look clean.

Light blue highlight color is barely visible on my monitor.

For me the short term work-around is to run an earlier version of uTorrent that does not have this bug on my Win XP machine. 

Monitor has no visible issues with uTorrent 3.2.2 on Win XP machine.

Many thanks for the help

@rafi & (devs too): select one single torrent and use rightclick on the "Peers" tab to see what is wrong.

Color changes from this light blue to the same grey as used for the alternate list background. So if such a torrent with original grey background is selected you have the problem.

Same bug here, XP sp3 again - and it patently is a BUG. Tested on 3.4.2 build 38656 and 38758.

The Name field background is being drawn in grey, somewhat randomly. Scrolling up and down reveals gaps between the blocks of grey that were at or near top or bottom of window before the scroll. Selecting a line gets a white background, but only sometimes. Dragging a window over lists shows its a redraw problem when it leaves jagged edges.

So annoying I rolled back (vias oldapps.com) to 38429, which also ahd bug so went to 38397 from 27 January which looks fine.

Nobody testing on XP anymore? Do Microsoft develop uTorrent now? :P (Skype 7 has major issues with my mouse clicks in XP so they rolled me back a years worth of so called enhancements!)

• 1 month later...

Same bug here, XP sp3 again - and it patently is a BUG. Tested on 3.4.2 build 38656 and 38758.

The Name field background is being drawn in grey, somewhat randomly. Scrolling up and down reveals gaps between the blocks of grey that were at or near top or bottom of window before the scroll. Selecting a line gets a white background, but only sometimes. Dragging a window over lists shows its a redraw problem when it leaves jagged edges.

So annoying I rolled back (vias oldapps.com) to 38429, which also ahd bug so went to 38397 from 27 January which looks fine.

Nobody testing on XP anymore? Do Microsoft develop uTorrent now? :P (Skype 7 has major issues with my mouse clicks in XP so they rolled me back a years worth of so called enhancements!)

Same here too with Windows XP SP3. Version 38397 was the last without the bug. Last one, 3.4.2.39744 still has the bug.

This is the release notes of version 38429:

2015-1-30: Version 3.4.2 (build 38429) Stable 
  • Fix long shutdown times when parsing certain media types
  • Fix some missing device pane icons
  • Fix gap in download list name column <<<----------------------------------------------
  • Tweak default column widths
  • Minor DHT improvements
  • Pro player upgrades
  • DPI display issue fix
  • Feature control improvements for better in-client communication

The bug is only in the download list name column.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I found a workaround for this annoyance:

Go to Preferences, Advanced,

and set

gui.graphic_progress to false

OR gui.piecebar_progress to true

OR gui.combine_listview_status_done to false

They change the status column in some way so choose the one you like.

Another way I found to make things a little bit less annoying is moving the status column just to the left of the name column.

(version 3.4.3.39944 still has this bug)

• 3 weeks later...

After rolling back to 3.4.2 build 38397 for the last 2 months till someone fixed this, I had a rummage round today for the latest stable which is 3.4.3 b40097, installed and...

THE BUG IS STILL THERE

post-381589-0-72482500-1429808554_thumb.

Drag its own Preferences dialog or external window (Taskmanager used in pic) around over display and a snail trail of undrawn jagged edges is still left over the bizzare selection drawing colourisation of the Name column. Scrolling up or down leaves missing gaps of white poking thru grey. So just as I described before.

Any of LiamZ's 3 tweaks do indeed stop the weird selection drawing of the Name column, so no selection is shown at all, which in turn seems to stop the partial missing redraws leaving jagged edges across all Name column as well.

So after a fistful of intermediate releases in two months to fix other stuff, this has been ignored. Poor.

• 3 months later...

Archived