remove peers that are connected but not sending?

lament

so I'm on a torrent with 7 seeders and 300+ leechers, and all I'm downloading from are 39 peers - it's not connecting to the seeds.

but utorrent shows only 8 of the 39 peers are actually sending me anything.

how can I ditch the ones that aren't sending so they're not part of my connections?

It would be an interesting feature though, to force ppl to seed. :) Of course I don't mean to disconnect every peer, who doesn't upload, only if they don't upload a bit (or two) for an amount of time. (e.g. 5 mins)

And stop uploading to them for some minutes. (e.g. 15 mins)

Just an idea... :rolleyes:

It would be an interesting feature though, to force ppl to seed. :) Of course I don't mean to disconnect every peer, who doesn't upload, only if they don't upload a bit (or two) for an amount of time. (e.g. 5 mins)

And stop uploading to them for some minutes. (e.g. 15 mins)

Just an idea... :rolleyes:

well if my max connections on the torrent is 50, i have 50 connected and only 10 are actually sending data to me..

I think utorrent doesn't say a peer is inactive when its only leeching. Only drops them if they are not seeding, nor leeching.

I figured this out when I added the "inactive" coloumn for peers view.

I just activated the column, and at around 6 minutes of inactivity, it drops them.

I just activated the column, and at around 6 minutes of inactivity, it drops them.

Is it, or will it be, possible to change this value?

It is. There's no need to change dropping interval but there's need to have ability either manually or auto ban such peers. Because most of them will reconnect in about 1 min and hang in your list next 5 min.

Archived