Talk, Talk, VPNs and downloads

Tozzy

I have heard that the major UK ISPs have blocked acess to certain websites and even sending out letters / reporting any thing not "kosher". Does any one wnow if Talk, Talk is one of them?

I Use peer block already but would a VPN resolve this issue? If so which one would people reccomend for these purposes?

Thanks

I have heard that the major UK ISPs have blocked acess to certain websites and even sending out letters / reporting any thing not "kosher". Does any one wnow if Talk, Talk is one of them?

I Use peer block already but would a VPN resolve this issue? If so which one would people reccomend for these purposes?

Thanks

That goes beyond the scope of using utorrent if one goes asking about VPN. One needs to go outside of utorrent and find that info. And to prevent yourself from getting letters from your ISP don't download Copyright protected Movies or Music and you will not be on the ISP letter lists.

I dont downlaod copy right material I do however use utorrent for legitimate reasons which i feared that they would cap or throttle my connection because of this and if a VPN would ensure no other issues

If that is the case you don't need to use VPN. I know for the majority they are downloading materials crossing into Copyright domain even if they say they aren't. If those materials aren't Copy Protected then you have no problem using utorrent by itself and doesn't require VPN or Proxy servers. Cap and throttle is what happens to users violated their terms of their ISP contract and that is something you should contact and talk to your ISP if there is problem we can't help you with that.

Archived